Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions is a technique to extend the length and thickness of your natural eyelashes. With proper application, lash extensions can look and feel completely natural.
Eyelash Extensions are perfect for that special occasion or for day-to-day wear. Depending on what you get, and your own natural lashes, eyelash extensions can be virtually weightless and will not damage your natural lash so you can choose to wear them permanently.
There are two types of eyelash extensions: “Classic” and “Volume.”
Classic Lashes: one fake one is applied to one real one.
Volume Lashes: multiple lashes are applied to one real one, clustered lashes, pre-fan, Russian volumes, etc.
Hollywood Volume lashes are created by using multiple lightweight extensions with thinner diameters and creating a fan and placing the fans on each natural lash, the result is that you get a thicker darker fuller lash line versus classic extensions which use one extension to one natural lash.
Russian volume, several hairs are placed on one natural lash, which can also be done with Hollywood volume lashes. For Russian volume, the placement ranges from 2 to 20 lashes on one natural eyelash. The Russian Volume method requires to lash mapping, which can create a perfect symmetry and can take up to three hours to complete the desired full set look. The big difference between Russian and Hollywood is in the length.
How long will a set of Eyelash Extensions last?
Lash Growth Cycle
Anagen (Growth) Phase: in this phase, the baby eyelash begins to emerge from the eyelid. Each lash will grow to a specific length and then stop. This phase lasts between 30-45 days. WE NEVER APPLY EXTENSIONS AT THIS PHASE.
Catagen (Transition) Phase: the hair follicle shrinks, stops supplying blood to the lash root, and the lash stops growing. This phase lasts between 15-20 days.
Telogen (Resting) Phase: the lash has reached its full maturity and will remain for about 100 days. Each lash has its own growth rate and typically takes about 4-8 weeks to complete a cycle.
Since our eyelashes grow in cycles at a specific rate, it is very important to choose the correct type and length for your lash extensions. Even a small mistake can cause your natural lashes to become damaged or cease to regrow.
On average, lash extensions last anywhere from 5 to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks depending on the extension style and technique and the shedding pattern of your natural lashes also depends on how you take care of your lashes. Typically, the lash growth cycle is every 60 – 90 days.
When applied by one of our Amazing professionals, eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your own eyelashes. Depending on your activity and day-to-day routine, refills should only be required every 2 to 4 weeks.
Are eyelash extensions permanent?
Eyelash extensions do not last forever. As part of your natural lash cycle, each of your natural lashes eventually falls out and regenerates. On average, a full set of eyelash extensions will last from 2 to 4 weeks. To keep your extensions looking fresh, full, and beautiful, we suggest booking a fill appointment every 3 to 4 weeks.
How long will my appointment take?
We don’t want to just give you eyelash extensions—we truly strive for perfection. Full sets take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours, while fill appointments are closer to 1 hour. We recommend you arrive prepared to lay back in our private appointment rooms and relax while we work on your transformation ☺
Am I a good candidate for eyelash extensions?
If you have strong, healthy lashes, then yes, you are a good candidate for lash extensions! Before each appointment, your lash technician will always assess your lashes to make sure they are in good condition. If you are unsure if your natural lashes are healthy enough for extensions, we offer a complimentary consultation for first-time clients to assess your lash condition and determine if extensions are right for you.
Can I wear mascara with my eyelash extensions?
We do not recommend wearing mascara with your lash extensions as they can make your extensions clump together and damage your natural lashes. But we’re guessing all thoughts of mascara will be long gone when you see the finished product!
What to prepare before your lashes appointment.
- Remove all makeup on eyes area and wash it clean.
- Stay away from caffeine products, or products that will make your eyes twitch.
- Wear removable footwear.
- Arrive at the appointment 10 minutes earlier if you are new to our location. Arrive on time for the appointment. All appointments are booked and charge on time base.
- Remove contact lenses, fumes can get trapped in between lens.
- If your eyes are red, tired, and dry, we recommend using eye drops before your appointment.
- Be prepared to lay down on your back with your eyes closed for 1-3 hours, depending on your appointment.
- Make daycare arrangement for your children. We all love children, but with your eyes closed and your technician working, it’s hard to make sure your children are safe. It’s also boring for them to wait for 1-3 hours.
How do I take care of my new lash extensions?
- First 24 hours after application
- Do not wet your eyelashes.
- No Tanning
- After 24 Hours
- Avoid heat exposure.
- No waxy, greasy, nor oil-based eyeliner or eyeshadow.
- Use an oil-free eye makeup remover.
- Do not pull on your lash extensions.
- Do not remove the extensions on your own, please seek assistance from your eyelash technician.
- Do not rub your eyelashes when washing your face.
- No mascara, mascara will mess up your eyelash extensions and also damage your real natural lashes.
- Do not dry your lashes with a towel, please use a napkin.
- Brush your lashes in the morning and at night, at least twice a day.
- No curler.
- First 24 hours after application
How often should I be coming in for lash refills?
You can refill from 1 to 5 weeks but the best time to refill is before 3 weeks because you still have 40%-60% extensions on your lashes. Refills take around 45 – 60 mins depending on your remaining lash extensions. If you wait longer than 5 weeks you will require a full set.
Can I still book a fill with you if I got lash extensions somewhere else?
It will not turn out nice when mixing different techniques and eyelash extension materials, so if you have already received professional eyelash extensions from another salon, we ask you to come to consult to evaluate whether we can fill it.